Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
One NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available (Start September 2019) in the newly established laboratory of Dr. Marc Swidergall, Division of Infectious Diseases; Institute for Infection and Immunity, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. The successful candidate will work on projects investigating innate and adaptive antifungal mechanisms (for further information on the research: Swidergall et al., 2018 Nature Microbiology).
- Previous training and research experience in immunology, microbiology, or cell biology
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team
- Strong background in multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunological methods, and familiarity with murine models of infection are preferred
- Experience in cell culture
- Experience with fungal pathogens, tissue imaging, molecular biology, RNA-Seq, and/or genetic manipulation of cells and mice are desirable, but not required
Applicants must have a PhD in Immunology, Microbiology or a related discipline in the Biological Sciences with a track record of peer-reviewed publications. Candidates are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills and be highly motivated. Salary is commensurate with experience according to the NIH postdoctoral stipend scale.
Please send a cover letter with a short description of research interests, a CV, and contact info for at least two references to Dr. Swidergall (email@example.com).