Careers in Biotech: Panel Discussion and Networking
Sponsored by the AAI Education Committee
Generously supported by the Allen Institute for Immunology
- Kerry A. Casey, Allen Inst. for Immunology
- Cherié L. Butts, Associate Medical Director, Biogen
- Steve Crampton, Senior Scientist, Pharmacology & Immunology, aTyr Pharma, Inc.
- Luisa Salter-Cid, Chief Scientific Officer, Gossamer Bio
- Karsten Sauer, Vice President, Immunology, Torque Therapeutics
Many opportunities exist in biotechnology for scientists with advanced degrees. There are positions in laboratory research, program management, business development, regulatory affairs, clinical trials oversight, medical liaison, and more. This panel features scientists employed in a variety of positions discussing their career paths and the skills required for success in each. Following the panel discussion, enjoy casual conversation with the speakers and other scientists from biotech at a networking reception.