International Opportunities in Science
- Winfried F. Pickl, Med. Univ. of Vienna, Austria
- Mattias Collin, Lund Univ., Sweden
- Thomas Kamradt, Univ. Hosp. Jena, Germany
- Shigeo Koyasu, RIKEN, Japan
- Hanne Ostergaard, Univ. of Alberta, Canada
- Eui-Cheol Shin, Korea Adv. Inst. of Sci. and Technol., Korea
Working as a scientist outside of the U.S. requires curiosity, adaptability, and open-mindedness, which are valuable qualities important for success in any career. Given the international reach of science, this new session will help immunologists learn about opportunities to gain professional experience beyond the U.S. This panel features scientists employed at academic or research institutions around the globe. Panelists will discuss the postdoctoral fellowship and grant application process, the benefits of international training and employment, and the challenges in finding science-related jobs outside of the U.S. This session is open to anyone.