University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA
An NIH-funded postdoctoral fellow position is available in the Chu lab at UC San Diego. We are focused on the fundamental role of commensal microbiota in the education, induction, and maintenance of the host immune system during health and disease. Our research is centered at the interface of microbiome and immunology, with the goal of mechanistically understanding the role of the microbiome in preventing and treating immune-mediated diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
We are seeking highly motivated, independent, and creative individuals with proven experimental expertise, and a strong interest in mucosal immunology and the gut microbiome. Current projects in the laboratory include:
- immune signaling pathways involved in sensing immunomodulatory signals from the gut microbiome, and
- the development of commensal antigen-specific regulatory T cells in the maintenance of intestinal tolerance.
We are looking for postdoctoral fellows with interest in mucosal immunology and IBD, with:
- PhD and/or MD in immunology, cell biology, and/or related disciplines, with a track record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in using immunological techniques including multiparameter flow cytometry and sorting, imaging, ex vivo and mouse models.
- Experience in cell culture of human and mouse primary cells and cell lines.
- Preferred experience with mucosal and systemic tissue collection, cell isolation, and cellular assays to assess immune responses.
Desired, but not required qualifications, include
- Experience in design and analysis of single cell RNAseq experiments.
- Experience in studies involving germ-free & gnotobiotic mice.
- Experience in studies using mouse models of IBD & infectious diseases.
- Knowledge in bioinformatic analysis of microbial genetics, metagenomes, and/or metabolomes.
Our laboratory is highly committed to the career development of its trainees. Please visit our website for more details: chulab.ucsd.edu. Please send a cover letter with a short description of research interests, a CV, and contact information of three references to Hiutung Chu at email@example.com.