San Diego, CA
We are looking for a highly motivated, interactive and creative Research Scientist with a strong immunology background to join our team. This position will contribute to advancing preclinical drug development programs from target identification/validation through support of clinical stage programs. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in Pharmacology/Biology, Chemistry and ADMET and clinical development. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication and will need to present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
- Establish and utilize in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to support immunology, autoimmune disease and immuno-oncology projects.
- Develop new functional assays to study the mechanism of action of novel targets and lead therapeutics.
- Work closely with the in vivo group to support characterization of animal models and running PD assays.
- Effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members or to a multidisciplinary team of researchers.
- Accurately maintain proper scientific documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
Experience & Education
- A B.Sc./M.Sc. with at least 5+ years relevant industry experience or Ph.D. with 0-2 years experience in relevant field and a clearly demonstrated skill set in immunology and/or immuno-oncology is required.
- Strong cell and molecular biology background with demonstrated experience in handling human and animal whole blood, primary immune cells and cell lines.
- Proficiency in several cell-based assays and technologies including primary immune cell functional assays, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, multiplex cytokine/growth factor assessment (Mesoscale), qPCR, and others.
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to the execution of experiments and record keeping is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers and management, both internally and externally is required.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Computer skills: detailed knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
For more information, contact Isharat Yusuf at firstname.lastname@example.org.